He babbles all day long and is starting to make the Ba ba and Ma ma sounds. He is putting everything he can get a hold of into his mouth and especially loves to gnaw on our fingers. He has been working on his two bottom teeth now for about 10 days. We are hoping they will poke through at any moment because it has been miserable for everyone. He is just in general fussy during they day and sometimes at night as well. he will just wake up 2-3 times needing the pacifier on top of him eating at least once {usually around 3-3:30 am}. Dr. S said he probably still needs to eat once at night due to him not eating as much volume during the day that babies his age eat, but that we need to not let him eat twice at night - which is hard when he sometimes wakes up around 1 or 2 am to eat and then again at 5:30-6. We end up attempting to use the pacifier, he sleeps a for a few minutes, wake up, needs it again, repeat. So after a couple of tries, I end up giving in and feeding him. I prefer his nights to be from 7:30 - 7:30, so hopefully once these teeth pop through we can get on the right track of getting him to sleep through the night!!! He is still napping about 3 times a day. Usually a 30 minute in the morning, ad hour and a half after lunch, and 30 minutes late afternoon.
As for eating, a lot has changed in the past few weeks. I have weaned him from nursing this past month, not all because I wanted to but more so my body did it for me. I have really started exercising a lot more this month and my supply does not respond well to exercising, so it was a slow process over about 3 weeks, but he is completely on bottles now. Makes my life easier, but a little sad too. Luckily, I have about 6-8 weeks of milk stored, so hopefully I can get him to 8 months before we have to make the switch to formula (which is 3 months more than I made it with Ryan). So, as of right now he still takes 6-7 {usually 7} 5 oz. bottles a day with 2-3 teaspoons of oatmeal added to it, since he has not done too well eating from the spoon. Yes, that's right, he still eats every 3 hours during the day somewhere along the lines of 7, 10, 1, 4, and 7 (and then 1-2 times during the night). So basically, I am still feeding a newborn. This sounds horrible, but I know now I have to make more of an effort to feed my kid solid foods! He has been so disinterested in cereal, that I have not pushed it too much because it results in him screaming and there never seems to be a good time to try it, but maybe that will make the difference with him stretching feedings and sleeping through the night {one can hope, right?}.
He has really improved on his fine motor skills. He picks things up, looks at them, works on them, moves them around, etc. I know I have mentioned this before, but the boy is a worker (worker B as we like to call him). He LOVES my computer and will type away on it for as long as I will let him. This resulted in him pulling off one of my keys the other day and I can not seem to get it back on!!! He also loves to sit up on his piano mat and play the piano now. I am thinking this will be the key into tricking him into sitting up because he is so distracted with banging away at the keys. Sophie the Giraffe, the remote, and his mirror are his favorite toys.
He had a good report from Dr. S last week. Despite the 4 vaccines, he was a trooper. He looks so much bigger than he is, in my opinion. He is still considerably smaller than his brother was at this age (about 2 pounds!).
Height: 28 inches (93%)
Weight: 17 lbs. 1 oz (43%)
Head: 17.25 in. (52%)
We still have him on Miralax one to two times a week. He is now in size 3 diapers and 9 months clothes. I think it's time to move up to 12 months because of his length. He LOVES his pacifier and his lovey. He's not as good about sleeping in the car anymore unless it is actually his nap time. He would prefer his brother over anyone all day long. He is just mesmerized by him.
I think if it weren't for his teeth bothering him so much that he would really be happy most of the time. Right now though, it seems like that is what consumes most of his day. See, he does smile sometimes....
Here are his 6 months pics. He couldn't help but mess with the stuffed elephant the entire time.
We love you, B!




No comments:
Post a Comment