Monday, April 20, 2015

9 months - CJM

Our little Charlie bear is 3/4 of a year old. How did that happen?!? He's had a great month other than one or two colds that his sweet brothers have so graciously given him. He has really improved in the sitting unassisted department. I think he likes being able to see the world the way we do and not on his back all of the time!


He's gotten pretty good with his walker as well and really can navigate it pretty well. This next sequence of pictures my mom took one day when she was watching him. He noticed she was taking a picture of him and basically started playing peek-a-boo with the iPhone. He kept trying to look around the phone to see my mom and thought it was hilarious. I think it's pretty darn cute :)
Big brother is pretty obsessed with Charlie and loves "helping" him whenever he can.
I forgot to post this pic from Spring Break. We went over my aunt's house one day to spend time with all of the boys' second cousins, and this was just about all of them minus 2 of the newest additions. My grandma and 7 of her 9 great grandkids.
Little man has been such a trooper to Ryan's t-ball practices on Tuesday evenings. Sometimes, he eats dinner on the third baseline :)
Shirtless baby. He's been really good at grabbing things and loves to just examine and moves things back and forth between his hands. He's also gotten very handsy when I am feeding him. He lunges for the bowl, my phone, just about whatever looks interesting to him.

Love this pic of the two of them. I'm sure not too long from now, they'll look more like twins. Crazy only about 9 lbs and 6 inches separates these two. Clearly their heads are just about the same size!!!

Ryan calls these, Charlie's push-ups. He seems very impressed by this, and I am less than impressed. He gets in this position all the time and then flips out because he doesn't know what to do with himself. He knows how to roll both ways, but when he gets like that, he's basically a deer in headlights. He's nowhere near crawling and that's okay with me!

He still says DaDa all the time and a few other goos and gahs. I think he is definitely starting to understand some of the things I say to him. If I ask him if he wants to go jump (in his jumperoo) he starts bouncing and jumping on my legs or in his walkler. He gets very excited - that is his favorite thing to do. Also, when I am feeding him and tell him to open for a bite, he usually will. He is also responding to his name very well. This past month, he started sitting in a highchair when we've gone out to eat. He seems to like it, I think.
We did try a few puffs right after this picture that he promptly threw up (along with the rest of his lunch)
He's been in a good routine lately. I don't think much has changed over the past month with his schedule. He gets up around 8 am, naps around 10-10:30 am for about 1.5 hours, then again around 2-2:30 for an hour, and finally a third nap around 5 pm for about 30 minutes. He goes to bed about 8:15 pm and usually gets up about 6:15 am for a bottle and then back to bed for a bit. I would love if he could just sleep all the way through, but that doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

He's pretty good about eating 3 meals a day and usually 5 bottles (5-6 oz each). His favorite foods include - bananas, cereal, sweet potatoes, avocados, yogurt, and chicken/veggie puree. He wears size 4 diapers and 12 month clothes. He is such a sweet baby and just so easygoing. He has such a chill demeanor (90% of the time) and usually gets put on the back-burner when things get busy and crazy but doesn't seem to mind too much. He loves to be tickled, tackled, tossed around, you name it - he's a thrill-seeker.

Charlie had his 9 month check-up today and found out he had a double ear infection plus a new top tooth coming in. Lovely!! Poor kid doesn't complain too much. His stats were:
Weight - 20 lbs. 9 oz (48%)
Height - 30.25 in. (94%)
Head - 18.25 in. (77%)

Here are my faves from his 9 month photo shoot :)


I love soft baby feet
still has the two cutest dimples

"Mom, please no more pictures!"
Just love this pic - it truly shows how much Charlie admires his big brothers


LOVE!!



No comments: