Saturday, April 11, 2015

Easter Fun: Part Deux

Easter morning was a busy, but fun morning. The kids were up a little before 8, so they first came downstairs for a little egg hunt and to see their Easter baskets. Charlie was still asleep, so we let him sit this one out!


 Ryan was pretty excited




After checking out the clothes, a few toys, and candy, they were ready to hunt for eggs. They were pros by now! Ryan was pretty pumped about his DVDs and B was just as excited about his chocolate bunny. You can see where their priorities lie. 



comparing candy
Ready to hunt!
 Ryan took off so fast, I seriously could not capture him on camera!
 We had to cut him off after about 90 seconds, so B could find some, too!
 Bradley, once again, likes to take the slow and difficult approach to find the eggs!
After all the eggs had been hunted, we quickly got ready to head to church. Here is our family pic from after the service. 4 out of 5 looking at the camera is a success in my book.
 Mr. GQ over here was obsessed with keeping his hands in his pockets all day.
After church, we hurried home to load up on clothes and food for the day's festivities, and then drove on over to GiGi's for lunch,
Wanted a pic of the boys together, but I think that was pushing it too far for the day! They're still cute!

love!
 

Aunt Allie with C
Some of Wes' cousins and his grandparents came over as well, so GiGi put together an egg hunt inside her house for all of the littles.
 


Uncle Jon feeding C - it takes a village to watch after our brood
I'm sure he was disappointed that he couldn't eat more chocolate
My mom had taught B to hop like a bunny and put his index fingers up to his head like ears. It's so stinking cute, I was trying to get him to perform his bunny hop!
After a yummy lunch and the hunt, we went outside for the finale - which was a confetti egg fight! B was really sticking it to Wes and broke just about very single last one of them on him.


They had such a good time getting everyone, including their aunts and uncles. Luckily, I was out of the line of fire since I was taking pics :)





I really should go stock up on some of these to have for boring days when we need some entertainment! After naps, we loaded up and headed over to my parents' house for dinner. Once we arrived, the kids had their last egg hunt of the season. It never gets old for them!

I can't remember why Ryan was upset, but I know he wasn't pleased to find out that the Golden Egg had money and not candy. Oh to be a kid again.
B didn't care much about how many he had or what was in them, he just wanted to find more. So, when he wasn't looking, Wes would pull eggs out from his basket and throw them back out into the yard. It took the hunt from about 4 minutes to 8.


 B seemed please to find a few bucks!
 This is Charlie's staple look. He loves to do this with his teeth.
 CoCo and Poppy with their grandsons.
The boys then got their Easter baskets and seemed pretty excited about the silly string and noise makers they found.


Ryan was pretty stoked to get a new Avengers beach towel. He was running around acting like a superhero.
 Bradley then had to get in on the action, too.


We had such a fun day with our families and the kids had an absolute blast. We were all pretty pooped by the time we got home. I emptied all of the candy into one big bag, and since Easter, I have found B on numerous occasions digging through the bag and opening up chocolates, then shoveling them into his mouth as fast as he can. He tries to do it where I can't see him, but I always seem to catch him. I have since moved the bag to the top of the fridge, and now he just points to it and says "high!" I think have a choco-holic on my hands :) I think it's safe to say the kids had a great Easter and were bummed when it was all over.



No comments: